Certified Copies of Arizona Certificates of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth and Fetal Death
January 1, 2013 to the present. Our office issues certified copies of Arizona vital events: Births Resulting in Stillbirth and Fetal Death that have occurred since January 1, 2013 to the present.
What do we need certified copies for?
Certified copies of Births Resulting in Stillbirth and Fetal Death Certificates are important family records.
Original records are held in the state archives.
Other types of certificates?
A certificate entitled, Report of Fetal Loss may be created for a loss that occurred prior to 20 weeks gestation or weighed less than 350 grams.
Where do I find your offices?
Our offices are located valley wide and accessed easily from major highways. We are open Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
Please arrive by 4:00pm so we may best serve you. If you need to discuss a possible correction, please visit our Central Phoenix office only and speak with one of our Deputy Local Registrars.
How to apply for a certified copy?
Three Ways to Apply for a Certified Copy
- Complete an application
- Sign your application
- Be ready to provide your valid, government issued photo ID with signature
- Bring any additional documents that may be required that establish eligibility such as proof of relationship and factual documents establishing legal or other vital interest
- Be ready to pay the appropriate fee
- Print and complete an application for the certified copies of the certificate you wish to order
- Sign your application
- Attach a clear photocopy of your valid, government issued photo ID with signature or have your signature notarized on the application form
- Include any additional documents that may be required that establish eligibility such as proof of relationship and factual documents establishing legal or other vital interest
- Include the fee per copy requested and check the accepted form of payment. Remember, NO CASH please through the mail
- Mail your signed application, copy of accepted ID, factual documents and proof of eligibility, acceptable payment type and fee with a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Office of Vital Registration
P.O. Box 2111
Phoenix AZ 85001
**Allow 1-2 weeks for processing to receive your certified copy in the mail.
Where to apply for out of state certificates.
Valid, Government Issued Photo ID with signature:
United States issued Driver’s License or Identification Card
United States Territories Driver’s License or Identification Card
United States Military Identification Card that contains bearer's signature (some do not)
Tribal Identification that contains bearer's signature
Passports – United States or Foreign issued
Visa – In a passport and the bearer's signature is on the passport not the Visa
Permanent Resident Card issued on or after May 11, 2010 which includes a signature
Resident Alien Card (Form I-551)
Employment Authorized Card (Forms I-766, I-688A or I-668B)
Temporary Resident Card (I-688)
Note: Expired, cracked, broken, taped or faded identification documents will not be accepted.
||Fetal Death Certificate
In Arizona, a parent or a person authorized by a parent may apply for a certified copy of these certificates. If the individual making the application is not a parent, then the person authorized by a parent must provide a letter permitting the named party to apply on their behalf.
$20.00 - Per certified copy
$30.00 - For corrections. Fee includes the corrected certified copy
$ 5.00 - Non certified copy for Gov’t Agency use only
Accepted Forms of Payment
Cash is only accepted in person