Search for Your Lost Pet Using Our Interactive Mapping Tool
Prior to visiting our Interactive Mapping Tool, there are several things that you must know to get the most out of your search experience:
- To search for your pet, click on the magnifying glass in the upper right side of your screen. You will have several search options:
- Type in the address or major intersection of where your pet was last seen
- Use GPS to find your current location on the map and search from there
- Type the name of the property owner for the address where your pet was last seen
- Click on any circle Ο (represents dogs) or triangle Δ (represents cats) and a smaller window will appear with the following information:
- Type of animal (dog/cat)
- Date it was found by field officers, or brought to the shelter by a citizen (intake date)
- Primary and Secondary Breeds
- Address or cross streets where the animal was found
- If available, there will be a photo of the animal
- If this is your animal, please call (602) 506-7387 and let MCACC staff know you are calling about your lost pet. There is an Animal ID number at the top of the small window; you will need to give MCACC staff that number (the number will begin with “A”).
- MCACC staff will direct you to the shelter location where your animal is being housed (2500 S. 27th Ave, Phoenix OR 2630 W. Rio Salado Pkwy, Mesa)
Click HERE to visit our Interactive Mapping Tool.
Search for your lost pet with Pet Harbor
Proactively Locate a Lost Pet:
- Post flyers in the neighborhood where the pet was lost. Ask elementary schools in your area if you can post a flyer – kids often notice animals. Feel free to use our Sample Flyer.
- Talk to your neighbors, letter carrier, and paper deliverer to see if anyone has spotted your pet.
- Place an ad in the local paper and offer a reward. Also check the found ads.
- Most important, keep looking for at least ten days. Many pets are found by members of the public who may not bring the animal in to a shelter for several days.
- The East Valley facility is located at 2630 W. Rio Salado Parkway in Mesa (Rio Salado Parkway and the 101).
- The West Valley facility is located at 2500 S. 27th Avenue in Phoenix (27th Avenue and Lower Buckeye).
- Check our hours and locations page for hours.
Found a Lost Pet:
- If the dog is wearing a current Maricopa County tag, call 602-506-PETS (7387) and follow the prompts to retrieve the owner’s phone number.
- If the dog or cat is wearing any other type of ID, attempt to contact the owner using the information on the ID.
- The animal can be scanned for a microchip by a local veterinarian or shelter (call the place you desire to take them to ensure that they have scanning capability).
- Post fliers in the neighborhood that you find the animal.
- Post the found animal on Petfinder, Pet Harbor, Craig’s List, etc.
- You can contact MCACC for a dog pick-up. We cannot pick-up cats.
- You can take the dog or cat to one of our shelters.
In Arizona, the law states that if you keep a dog or cat and care for it for six consecutive days, you automatically become the owner of the animal. We cannot pick-up owned animals.
Help save pets lives with a donation. Donate today!