PHOTO CALENDAR GUIDELINES
The Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department is looking for images that capture the beauty of the county’s regional park system. This includes:
- Adobe Dam Regional Park
- Buckeye Hills Regional Park
- Cave Creek Regional Park
- Desert Outdoor Center at Lake Pleasant
- Estrella Mountain Regional Park
- Lake Pleasant Regional Park
- McDowell Mountain Regional Park
- San Tan Mountain Regional Park
- Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area
- Usery Mountain Regional Park
- White Tank Mountain Regional Park
Photos from all parks are needed. A panel of judges from the department will select the winning photos, which will be published in the 2015 Parks and Recreation calendar. A total of 13 photos will be selected - one for each month and one for the calendar's cover.
HOW TO SUBMIT PHOTOS:
- All entries must be submitted by midnight, Sunday, September 7, 2014, and be accompanied by an entry form.
- Photos MUST be taken in one of the county parks listed above. Photos for city and state parks will NOT be considered.
- All entries must be of scenic themes. Flora, fauna, desert landscapes and close-up photographs are acceptable. Photos of people will not be considered.
- Only horizontal photographs will be considered. Photos must fit the 11" wide x 8.5" deep calendar format. Selected photos may be cropped for that format.
- Digital images must be at least 300 dpi (resolution).
- Entrants will be limited to one photo submission per park. No more than four photos per entrant will be accepted.
- Entries must be emailed to the contact below. Email should be captioned “Calendar Photo Submission.” Photos not to exceed 3MB. If photo is larger, please make arrangements with contact for an alternate format for submission (i.e., Dropbox). Photos emailed and/or dropped off at parks will NOT be considered.
Dawna Taylor, Public Information Officer
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (928) 501-9204
- Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo, and a signed entry form is required. Entrants under the age of 18 must submit a release from a parent or guardian.
- Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department employees, their immediate families, and park volunteers are not eligible to submit photos for the calendar.
- Individuals whose photos have been selected will be notified in September, 2014 via email.
- Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, content, photographic skill and appropriateness for the calendar the month the photos depict. The decision of the judges is final.
- Maricopa County’s Parks and Recreation Department assumes no responsibility for submissions.
Individuals who submit photos will not be compensated for their work. However, selected photos will be appropriately credited with photographer’s name, and company name, if a professional photographer. Individuals whose photos have been selected to appear in the calendar may also receive a receipt for their donation from the department for tax credit purposes.
To download a copy of the photo calendar submission form, click on the graphic below.