Wellness Works, the Wellness program for Maricopa County employees, strives to establish a work environment that promotes healthy lifestyles, decreases the risk of disease, and enhances employees quality of life.
The program encourages employees and their families to strengthen their health and well-being through physical activity, proper nutrition, self-care, and stress management.
Wellness Works is conducting a survey of our group fitness classes. The information you provide will help us with future programming. Your answers are confidential. Thank you for your input.
Wellness Works has partnered with a new vendor, StayWell, to deliver comprehensive wellness services to Maricopa County employees starting July 1, 2015. With the transition to StayWell, there will be some changes to the medical premium reduction administration and process. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about the changes.
Access to StayWell Online Portal: Open Enrollment is Monday, April 13 – Friday, May 8, 2015. All benefits-eligible employees must access the ADP Benefit Enrollment System to elect benefits for the upcoming Plan Year or to waive coverage. While in ADP, employees will have the opportunity to authorize the County to release their information to StayWell. Releasing this information will allow StayWell to administer their Biometric and Tobacco Screenings, Health Assessments and wellness related programs.
Employees who “Agree in ADP” in the “Wellness Vendor Consent” section of the Benefit Enrollment System will have access to the StayWell Online Portal starting June 23, 2015. This will allow them to sign up for their Biometric Screening and take their Health Assessment so that their medical premium reductions can carry forward without interruption.
On-site Biometric Screening Event: The annual on-site Biometric Screening Event will occur between July 7 - August 28, 2015 at various County worksites.
Bundling of Incentives: Beginning July 1, 2015 premium reductions will be bundled:
- To receive a premium reduction of up to $40 per month, employees must complete BOTH the Health Assessment and Biometric Screening
- To receive a premium reduction of up to $60 per month, employees must complete the Health Assessment and Biometric Screening, AND they must also complete and pass (if not previously completed and passed) the Non-Tobacco User Screening
Continuation of Incentives: For all Maricopa County employees who:
- Receive premium reductions in Plan Year 14-15
- Participate in a County-sponsored medical plan in Plan Year 15-16
- Complete screenings for Plan Year 15-16 between July 7 - August 28 – medical premium reduction will continue without interruption until the October 7th pay date.
For more scenarios related to the continuation of premium reductions click here.
In the meantime, ONLY new employees or newly benefits-eligible employees have the following options available for completing their Biometric and Tobacco Screening to qualify for the premium reductions for the current Plan Year (2014-2015):
Option 1. Security Building, 234 N. Central Avenue, 9th floor:
- Monday, May 11, 2015 | 11:30 am-4:00 pm
- Monday, June 8, 2015 | 11:30 am-4:00 pm
Option 2. Administration Building, 301 W. Jefferson St., Suite 160:
- Friday, April 17, 2015 | 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Friday, May 15, 2015 | 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Friday, June 19, 2015 | 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Tuesday, June 30, 2015 | 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Maricopa County employees took 702,801,089 steps between February 1 and March 31. We achieved and surpassed our goal of reaching the moon!
And now for the results...
The departments with the highest number of participating teams are:
- Large department: 501+ employees | Sheriff's Office
- Medium department: between 50 and 500 employees | Library District
- Small department: up to 49 employees | Human Resources
The teams with the highest number of steps are:
- Team with two members: The Rejects, Public Defenders, Tim Bein, Jose Flores
- Team with three members: 3 Ole Bats, Correctional Health, Cynthia Quinn, Candice Newkirk, Patricia Garcia
- Team with four members: MC Trekkies, MCDOT, Jerry Shultz, Gant Yasanayake, Jesse Hunter, Mazen Muradvich
- Team with five members: Moon Rockers, Human Services, Gretchen Holmes, Nancy Dirstine, Trace Terrin, Julie Pellum, Laura Malhoit
Congratulations to everyone who participated in the Move to the Moon Challenge, and a special thanks to the team captains for dutifully collecting and reporting the results.
If you participated in the Move to the Moon Challenge, we would like to collect your thoughts and impressions about this challenge. What did you like about it? What could be improved next time? Should there be a next time? Please take a few minutes and take a short survey to provide feedback and input.
Hopefully the Moon to the Moon Challenge helped you become aware of your movement and encouraged you to find ways to move more. Just because this challenge is over doesn't mean you should stop being active. For the sake of your health, keep moving!
Do You Know Your Stress Level?
Wellness Works encourages you to assess your stress to identify your current level of stress and to take five minutes out of your day to address your stress with proven stress reduction techniques. The assessment is anonymous; you will receive your stress score and its interpretation after completing the assessment.
Wellness Works Newsletter
Click here to sign up for our quarterly wellness newsletter.