Wellness Works, the Wellness program for Maricopa County employees, strives to establish a work environment that promotes healthy lifestyles, decreases the risk of disease, and enhances employees quality of life.
The program encourages employees and their families to strengthen their health and well-being through physical activity, proper nutrition, self-care, and stress management.
What's New With Wellness Training
Employees enrolled in a County-sponsored medical plan for Plan Year 2015-16 were invited to attend a “What’s New with Wellness” training. Due to the positive response to these trainings, most of the classes are filled.
There is still space available at the Security Building, South East Facility (Mesa), and Public Health Administration. Employees should register through Pathlore to attend a class at one of these sites.
As a reminder, the “What’s New with Wellness” training will provide employees with instruction on how to:
• Access and create their profile in the new StayWell Wellness Portal
• Schedule their Biometric/Tobacco Screening
• Complete their Health Assessment and Tobacco Free Affidavit
• Track their Medical Premium Reductions (Incentives)
• Take advantage of other wellness activities
The “What’s New with Wellness” training will also cover the bundling and continuation of the medical premium reductions (incentives).
Click here for a pre-recorded “What’s New with Wellness” webinar.
Wellness Works has partnered with a new vendor, StayWell, to deliver comprehensive wellness services to Maricopa County employees starting July 1, 2015. With the transition to StayWell, there will be some changes to the medical premium reduction administration and process. Here are the answers to some frequently asked questions about the changes.
On-site Biometric Screening Event: The annual on-site Biometric Screening Event will occur between July 7 - August 28, 2015 at various County worksites.
Bundling of Incentives: Beginning July 1, 2015 premium reductions will be bundled:
- To receive a premium reduction of up to $40 per month, employees must complete BOTH the Health Assessment and Biometric Screening
- To receive a premium reduction of up to $60 per month, employees must complete the Health Assessment and Biometric Screening, AND they must also complete and pass (if not previously completed and passed) the Non-Tobacco User Screening
Continuation of Incentives: For all Maricopa County employees who:
- Receive premium reductions in Plan Year 14-15
- Participate in a County-sponsored medical plan in Plan Year 15-16
- Complete screenings for Plan Year 15-16 between July 7 - August 28 – medical premium reduction will continue without interruption until the October 7th pay date.
For more scenarios related to the continuation of premium reductions click here.
In the meantime, ONLY new employees or newly benefits-eligible employees have the following options available for completing their Biometric and Tobacco Screening to qualify for the premium reductions for the current Plan Year (2014-2015):
Option 1. Security Building, 234 N. Central Avenue, 9th floor:
- Monday, June 8, 2015 | 11:30 am-4:00 pm
Option 2. Administration Building, 301 W. Jefferson St., Suite 160:
- Friday, June 19, 2015 | 8:00 am – 12:00 noon
- Tuesday, June 30, 2015 | 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
Do You Know Your Stress Level?
Wellness Works encourages you to assess your stress to identify your current level of stress and to take five minutes out of your day to address your stress with proven stress reduction techniques. The assessment is anonymous; you will receive your stress score and its interpretation after completing the assessment.
Wellness Works Newsletter
Click here to sign up for our quarterly wellness newsletter.