Community Health Worker Internship Program
To apply, please complete the online application by July 18, 2016:
CHW Intern Program Eligibility Requirements
for 2016-2017 Academic Year
|Number of Interns Accepted
||Up to 5 candidates will be accepted into the CHW Internship Program with MCDPH.
||High School Diploma/GED
- Selected candidates must enroll in public/community health courses at Central Arizona College (CAC) as part of this program.
- In order to maintain their status in the program, interns must maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA.
||Primarily Maricopa County. Some travel may be required.
|Tuition Assistance Amount
*Tuition assistance will be disbursed/paid directly to CAC.
|Hours of Training and Supervised Service
173 Total Hours:
- 10 hours — Introduction Training Course/In-processing
- 160 hours — Supervised Service w/ assigned MCDPH health educator
- 3 hours — Exit Program Evaluation/Out-processing
|Estimated Time Frame
|Upon completion supervised service hours and CAC coursework, student receives
||Community Health Worker Certificate and Acknowledgment of Completion from MCDPH Director
||July 18, 2016
|Internship Program Start Date
||August 22, 2016
*Training/In-Processing begins August 8, 2016
|Internship Program End Date
||August 3, 2017
*Exit Program Evaluation/Out-Processing occurs on May 11, 2017
The CHW Internship Program is in addition to the 90-hour Community Health Worker Internship required for CAC coursework. Upon completion of Supervised Service hours with MCDPH and the Exit Program Evaluation/Out-Processing, the CHW Internship Program with MCDPH will be concluded pending the intern’s satisfaction of the 90-hour Community Health Worker Internship required by CAC during the Summer 2017 Semester.
*Please note that the official Community Health Worker Certificate is granted by CAC upon completion of all coursework requirements.