MCACC is proudly the #1 lifesaving open admission shelter in the Valley. The generous support of our volunteer force has made this possible. Volunteers provide care for our homeless animals from walking dogs to matching a family with their new kitten. It's easy to become a MCACC volunteer.
- Complete and submit this Online Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Opportunity Locations
- Attend a New Volunteer Orientation and participate in a Volunteer Interview
- Receive Volunteer Basic Training (Invitation Only)
- Attend Buddy Day (Hands On training opportunity – scheduled individually)
- Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age
MCACC has many dogs that have been at the shelter for one month or longer. These dogs need time out of their kennels to exercise and enjoy life away from the shelter environment. If you are able to commit to spending a morning, afternoon, or entire day with a shelter dog, then consider becoming a MCACC Day Foster volunteer. To become a Day Foster, simply complete and submit this Online Volunteer Application. Make sure you note that you'd like to become a Day Foster volunteer.
For a list of upcoming volunteer orientation sessions, please visit our calendar of events.
For more information on voluteering at MCACC, please call (602) 506‑8133.