An operating permit must be obtained from the Solid Waste Program for:
- Non-hazardous Solid Waste (NHSW) Transportation Vehicles (Refuse Haulers)
- Non-Hazardous Liquid Waste (NHLW) Transportation Vehicles
- Bio-hazardous Medical Waste Transportation Vehicles
- Refuse Containers included in a Refuse Collection Frequency Variance Plan
- Chemical Toilets
- Portable Restroom Units
- Portable Waste Holding Tanks
- Construction Debris Landfills
The same application is utilized by the Solid Waste Program for:
- Fill out the application and send it by fax or email to the contact listed in the application header. Our office will create a permit number.
- An inspection will be conducted, if needed. Upon approval, you will be sent an invoice.
- Once your permit fee has been paid, your permit becomes valid to operate for one year.
In order for us to process applications quickly, please ensure that the application is filled out completely.
For questions please call (602) 506-6666 or email WWM_SWP@mail.maricopa.gov
General Solid Waste Application