Minor Plan Review
The Minor Plan Review, also known as Reconnect/Remodel Review is used to determine if the existing septic system
is of sufficient capacity to accommodate flow from a new or replacement structure on the parcel or for a modification
to the existing structure or to ensure that any structures added to the property meet all setback requirements. There
are several scenarios where property owners may want to utilize an existing septic system:
- Removal and replacement of an existing mobile or manufactured home with a newer mobile or site-built home.
- Remodeling of an existing home.
- Rebuilding of a home which has been destroyed.
- Purchasing of a lot which has an existing septic system but no existing structure.
- Adding a guest house or pool house or other permanent structure to the property.
Public Record Request is required before submitting a Minor Plan Review, or to ensure
that any added structures to the property meet necessary setback requirements.
If, after the Minor Plan Review, MCESD determines the existing septic system is inadequate for the proposed
changes, an Alteration to replace either the tank or the disposal
field, or a NOID application to replace the tank and the
disposal field, may be required.
For instructions and requirements, please download the Minor Plan Review Packet.