The QA/QC- Enforcement Division has one Variance/HACCP Coordinator:
Variance/HACCP Program Activities:
- The Variance/HACCP Program Coordinator assists the Division and Environmental Health specialist staff. The
Variance/HACCP Program Coordinator provides technical and investigational assistance regarding food science,
food code variances and HACCP plans. The HACCP Program Coordinator also plans in-service training and professional
development. This occasionally may require speaking to groups in a classroom, field or lecture type setting. Audiences
may include division staff as well as civic and professional groups.
- The Variance/HACCP Program Coordinator consults directly with owners and executives from the food industry, government
officials, and professors from private and public academia. The Division Manager of Environmental Health is frequently
consulted and makes the final determination on the approval or disapproval of food code variances. This process is as
- The Variance/HACCP Program Coordinator assists the division in the planning and development of Environmental
Health Program interpretations as they relate to the Maricopa County Environmental Health Code (MCEHC). The
MCEHC is applied in the investigation of cultural and specialized food processes and procedures.
- The Coordinator assists and provides input in developing Policies and Procedures (such as Division Standard
Operating Procedures and inspection tips). The Variance/HACCP Program Coordinator may interpret such
policies/procedures for staff and/or the public
- The Variance/HACCP Program Coordinator reports directly to the QA/QC Program Coordinator.